How to Report a Violation
City Code Enforcement
Most violations can be resolved quickest through city code enforcement (call 311, submitting a complaint online
(click appropriate violation category), or download the CLT+
app for easy reporting).
Enforced codes include:
- Tall grass/weeds
- Animal control
See a violation in the community that needs to be addressed by the HOA?
Please have the following ready:
- Address of Violation (Required)
- Photo of Violation (Required)
- In order to efficiently process your complaint, please submit a photo of the violation.
- **If a photo is not submitted, processing of the reported violation may be delayed until one is received.
- Description of Incident (Required)
Items HOA can generally enforce but not limited to the following:
- Tall Grass
- Unmaintained / overgrown landscaping
- Power Washing
- Damaged Mailbox
- Missing Shutters / torn screens
*HOA cannot enforce parking infractions for vehicles parked on City of Charlotte maintained streets.
Received a violation?
Violation Timeline and Fines- Guideline
1st Letter: Notice to Correct
2nd Letter: Warning with 10 days to correct - photo submission of correction required.
3rd Letter: Hearing Notice- fines can be imposed at this stage at up to $100/per day, per occurrence. Photo submission of correction required.
HOA can lien and foreclose for unpaid fines.
Some items of a grave nature or a one-off occurrence can be escalated straight to a hearing.
Did you know you can respond to your violation letter online? Visit https://wdm.cincwebaxis.com/ and check out a copy of your letter along with a full-sized color photo under the "Violations" tab.