• chevron_rightAre Board Meetings open to all residents? If so, where and when are they held?

    The Old Stone Crossing board welcomes and encourages OSC residents to attend our board meetings. These meetings are held the 2nd Monday of odd month starting at 7:00 PM at the OSC Clubhouse located at 16516 Silversword Dr, Charlotte, NC 28213.
    During this time the Board provides committee, project & financial updates and the opportunity for us all to discuss community matters together. At times, we also have guest speakers.
  • chevron_rightAre there any other rules?

    Our association has developed Rules and Regulations as provided for in the CC&R's and adopted by the Board of Directors. Rules are established to provide direction to the homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, pets and pool use hours, etc. In addition, our Association has adopted Architectural Guidelines with procedures for submitting requests to make exterior changes to your home. Such changes may include patio covers, decks, landscaping, exterior color changes and additions.
    These rules and guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners, and hopefully protect the market value of your investment as well. Violations of these rules may result in action by the Board of Directors and a fine. In addition, if you proceed with an exterior improvement or change, without written approval of the Board of Directors, or Architectural Committee, as applicable, you will be required to remove or correct the alteration and/or be fined for the violation. For more information about this topic visit the Resource Center page of this site.
  • chevron_rightHow is the amount of my assessment determined?
    The budget is set upon specific guidelines for utilities, landscaping, administration, etc. Reserve funds are monies set aside for future expenses due to the life expectancy of certain items: lighting, street resurfacing, pool equipment, etc. These amounts are then divided by the number of units in the development. Budgets are developed by the Board of Directors and adjusted periodically to meet anticipated expenses.
  • chevron_rightIf I am a new resident how do I gain access to the OSC amenities ?
    If you are a new resident and need access to the OSC amenities please follow the instructions under the "OSC Amenities" tab or CLICK HERE.
  • chevron_rightIf I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Policies and Guidelines, what can I do?

    If residents cannot resolve a situation between themselves, then turn to your Association. Should you have a situation that does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means you report it to our management company. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Policies and Guidelines, the Board of Directors will institute the enforcement policy.
    To report a violation please go to https://wmdouglas.com/report-a-violation/. There is a feature to upload a photo of the infraction you are reporting and we strongly encourage this be done to enforce applicable covenants.
  • chevron_rightIf I want to serve on a committee, how do I find out what committees are active and how I can get involved?
    The Committee page of this website will give you a summary of the committee and committee contact information. If you are interested in volunteering, please go to the contact us page and send an email to the respective committee.
  • chevron_rightMy Mailbox is broken or in need of replacement parts, where do I go?
    Need a Mailbox Replacement? Contact Carolina Mailboxes at 704-334-3393.
    Post Style: "Old Stone"
    Price: $326/post+mailbox+numbers
    Install $60 (delivery, dig out old post an reset in cement, haul away old one)
    Black Metal Box Top: $34
    Decal: $16 Black Vinyl for a Set of 2
    Prices subject to change and posted as of 06/2020.
  • chevron_rightWhat are assessments and when are they due?
    Assessments are the periodic amounts due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Assessments are currently paid in two equal installments of $230.00 for an annual total of $460.00. Payments are due on March 1st and May 1st of each year.
    Section 2. Purposes of Assessments and Duties of Association
    The assessments levied by the Association shall be used exclusively to promote the recreation, health, safety and welfare of the residents of the Property and in particular for the acquisition, improvement and maintenance of properties, services and facilities devoted to this purpose and related to the use and enjoyment of the Designated Maintenance Items, Common Areas, Common Open Space, Common Area Access Easements, and Landscape and Easement Areas, including but not limited to, the cost of repair, replacement and additions thereto, the cost of labor, equipment, materials, management and supervision thereof, the payment of taxes assessed against any such property, the procurement and maintenance of insurance in accordance with the Bylaws of the Association, the employment of attorneys to represent the Association when necessary, payments of principal and interest on funds borrowed for Association purposes and such other needs as may arise. (See the POA covenants to read the rest of this section.)
    Source: POA Covenants, p 10.
    To pay your assessments online click here.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the Bylaws?
    The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership's voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business. The Bylaws for the association may be viewed online within the Resource Center page of this site.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the CC&R'S?
    The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R's) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&R's were recorded by the County recorder's office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&R's may result in a fine to a homeowner by the Association. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online within the Resource Center page of this site.
  • chevron_rightWhat happens if I don't pay my assessment?
    The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge as assessments are due on a specific date. In addition, the CC&R's allows the Association to charge late charges and interest and proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for nonpayment of assessments.
  • chevron_rightWhat is a homeowner's association?
    It is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: CC&R's, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online within the Resource Center page of this site or by clicking here.
    The corporation is financially supported by all members of the homeowners association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory.
  • chevron_rightWhat is a property management company?


    A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: Collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisory capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. The management company may be reached online through the Contact Us page on this website or by phone from the number listed on the front of our Web Page. 

  • chevron_rightWhat is the Board of Directors?
    The Homeowner's Association again is a corporation and therefore a governing body that is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitation and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents found within the Resource Center page of this site.
  • chevron_rightWhere and who do I report a street light outage or repair to?
    If you need to report a street light that is out or is in need of repair you can report this directly to Duke Energy by CLICKING HERE. This work order will be submitted directly to Duke Energy and you will receive a confirmation by email that your request is being processed and the expected response time.
  • chevron_rightWho do I contact to reserve the clubhouse and what are the steps to submit a reservation request?
    If you would like to rent the clubhouse please VISIT the online application process under the "OSC Amenities" tab or CLICK HERE.
    You'll find:
    The Registration Process 
    Rental Information & Rules
    Calender showcasing availability
    You may also contact William Douglas Property management:
    Email: HOA@wmdouglas.com
    Website:  www.wmdouglas.com
    Mail:  Old Stone Crossing, Attn: Clubhouse Rentals PO BOX 37109, Charlotte, NC 28237
  • chevron_rightWill my assessment go up?
    There is no concrete answer to this. Typically the governing documents provides for annual increases, but not to exceed a certain amount per year without the vote of the membership. The Board of Directors may approve an increased budget, increasing your assessment up to this percentage in order to cover increased costs of operating and maintaining the common area and sufficient reserve funds.